Sas Hill has a visitor center and trails in the museum-like nature of Buda's floras and faunas with rare species. Trails has new resting benches. Now they finished accessibility for wheelchairs and handed over a new panorama terrace, called the Green Terrace. More info: www.sas-hegy.hu
Liberty Bridge is the third and shortest bridge
of Budapest. It was built for the Millennium World Exhibition in 1896,
its original name being Francis Joseph Bridge.
It was built to plans resulting from a design competition held
in 1893. Originall, it was named Fővám Square Bridge after the Fővám
Palace, which currently hosts the Budapest Corvinus University, formerly
known as Budapest University of Economics. The bridge was designed by
János Feketeházy, chief engineer of the Hungarian Railroads at that
time. Construction was started in June 1894. It was inaugurated by
Francis Joseph I, who hammered in the last silver rivet on the Pest side
on 4 October 1896, at the festivities held for the thousand-year
jubilee of Hungary. The bridge was named Francis Joseph after the
Emperor. Two years later, in 1898 tramway traffic was started on the
Zánka is a village in Hungary, located in
a beautiful natural
environment on the
northern shore of Lake
Balaton in Veszprém
Here can be found one of the biggest European Youth Center. The Zánka Children and Youth Centre is situated on an area of 209
hectare in the picturesque surroundings of Lake Balaton. Nearby tourist
tourist attractions include the Káli Basin and Valley of Arts, Tihany
Zánka Children and Youth Centre has been operating as a non-profit
company since the 1st of September 1996, and offers the following
holiday programmes for children and young people;
sport programmes and services;
education pgrogrammes in the form of school and training courses.
The Centre provides full service programmes and accommodation for
3000 people in summer, while in winter it provides recreation and
accommodation for 600 people.
Zánka Centre is the market-leader in tourism business. Each
year the Centre receives 40-45 thousand visitors, who collectively
spend 170-190 thousand nights here.
The Zánka Centre includes its own long beach at the Lake,
which can accomodate around 12-13 thousand holiday-makers for
sunbathing, water-sports, sailing, boat-trips or simply lying on the
The Centre's sports and cultural facilities include sport halls,
stadiums, open-air sport areas, tennis courts, volley-ball court and a
football area on the beach. Moreover there is a theatre hall, cinema,
art gallery and conference hall, as well as other facilities for
festivals, training courses and student training camps.
Nagyvazsony is located north of Lake Balaton, along the road between Veszprem and Tapolca. The region has been populated since pre-historic times. During the Roman Era, military road. Local sights include a postal museum, abbey ruins, the Schumacher-House, the Medieval St. Stephans church, the Kinizsi-fountain in the woods, as well as the Kinizsi Castle.
King Matthias bestowed property in this region to Pal Kinizsi, who built a Fortress-Castle in Nagyvazsony. The castle has been altered and rebuilt a few times, until it was destroyed to ruins during the Turkish invasion. Today, the castle hosts Renaissance festivities. The old tower, includes a museum, which is open all through the year, every day during the summer season, except for Mondays during off-season.